Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Samuel's Super Summer and Fine Fall

 Samuel had a great summer with a lot of new opportunities this year.  For the first time Samuel played baseball.  After years of going to softball practices with his sisters, he came into baseball a pro.  He made the All-Star team as a first year player and got asked to play on the Roosevelt Strike Traveling Team.  He felt proud and excited as he came into his own this spring and summer.  He is no longer a softball orphan.  Now his sisters get to be baseball orphans as we follow him around the state.  After trying numerous sports, we think we have found his love in baseball and football. 
 First All-Star game.  He was pretty nervous!
 Samuel picked #4 as his number because it is Kelsey's number.
 Samuel at State in Richfield, Utah.  They really came together at State winning some really good games!  I can't remember, but I think they got fourth at state.  They just got better and better.
 Roosevelt All-Stars 2012--Coached by Rory Russell and Brett Huber
 Samuel, Mr. Goofy Face, receiving his Religious Knot in Scouts.  Samuel is the first boy in four years to receive this award in his Scout Troop.  It is a big deal and he worked hard to receive it.  He had to do several activities and projects to earn this award. 
Swimming lessons this summer.  This is Samuel's second year at swimming lessons.  He passed two levels last year, but will have to repeat this summer's level next year as he works to improve his endurance.  I was never able to take the girls to swimming lessons, I just had too many little ones.  So this has been something just for the boys.  It has been fun for them.


 Starting fourth grade, August 2012.
 Grandpa and his pal Samuel at Remember the Maine Park in September.
 Aren't these cool?  My friend Jeanne did these using an app on her Ipod.  I told him he shouldn't have smiled, but should of tried to look mean.  He just can't.  He is Mr. Chuckles.  Samuel really improved in football this year.  He played offense and defense and was one of the leading scorers on his team. 

I can't get this extra picture off.  Sorry!  :) 


No comments: